The “Open To” category listed above refers to candidates who are eligible to apply for this position. The “Open To” category should not be confused with a “hiring preference” which is explained later in this vacancy announcement.
Position: Visa Clerk, FSN-6; FP-8, C31-1415-247
Opening Date: Thursday, October 19, 2017
Closing Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Salary: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-6* – R$ 50.862,00 per year
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-8* – US$ 36,837.00 per year
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
All ordinarily resident (OR) applicants (See Appendix A for definition) must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
The U.S. Mission in Brazil is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Visa Clerk in the Consular Section.
Basic Function of Position
Incumbent performs moderately difficult clerical and related work pertaining to a limited range of non-immigrant visa services.
Note: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Applicants are required to submit their applications in English using the DS-174 form. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Education:Completion of secondary (high) school is required.
- Experience:Experience in administrative/clerical and customer service functions are required.
- Language(This will be tested):
- Level 3 (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
- Level 3 (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Portuguese is required.
- Skills and Abilities(This will be tested):
- User’s knowledge of Microsoft Office package is required.
click on the image for more information